Your self-care getaway is only a day trip away when you visit Crawford County, where health and wellness amenities can be found in a charming rural setting! Make yourself a priority and read through our list of top self-care amenities where you can easily (and affordably) escape from it all!
Pamper Yourself: Salons & Spas
When it comes to self-care, salons & spas are the classics — and Crawford County has plenty of choices! Check out some of these unique amenities:
- Book some time with the Glam Squad at Aella Salon & Day Spa and try out a chocolate facial or sugar foot scrub; you’re guaranteed to leave refreshed and relaxed.
- Enjoy a rejuvenating treatment in a salt room or catch some ‘rays’ in a Red Light Therapy Bed at Salty Spa.
- Get a special pedicure with cooling menthol mud mask treatment at Hairitige Beauty Salon & Spa; plus specialized pedicures for kids! Or try their escape packages which include lunch from a local restaurant.
- Find your zen at Inspire Salon & Spa with an aromatherapy or Synergy Stone treatment added to your massage.
- Ready for a totally new do? Then try Hair Fair for a fun change or subtle styling to give your confidence a boost.
Nature’s Playground: Feeding the Soul
With an abundance of natural beauty, Crawford County is brimming with hiking trails, lakes and state and local parks inviting you to explore, enjoy and connect with nature. The mixture of fresh air, sunshine and the sights and sounds of nature creates the perfect recipe for feeding the soul!
- Located on the bottom of the French Creek Valley, the 5-mile Ernst Trail has diverse wildlife, glacier formations, and a variety of environments including wooded areas, marshes and meadows – a great location to get back to nature!
- The creation of the Woodcock Lake & Dam provides a recreational space that encompasses camping, fishing, hiking, and boating!
- The largest natural lake in the state of PA is located right in Crawford County! Besides its size, Conneaut Lake is also known for power boating – get those water skis out.
- Located in Pymatuning State Park, the Pymatuning Reservoir has more than 17,000 acres for recreational fun including boating, camping, hiking, fishing and more. Plus feed the carp at Linesville Spillway – the second most popular tourist attraction in PA.
- Just outside Meadville, Roche Park features a paved half-mile loop with fitness stations – great for running, walking or biking. Bring the kids for some classic outdoor fun on the playground.
Retail Therapy: Treat Yourself and Bonus – Support Local!
Treat yourself to a little retail therapy while supporting local business owners who will give you that special one-on-one shopping experience! Enjoy meeting our friendly shop owners; discovering treasures in our unique downtown shops; and feel good about supporting the local business economy. Prefer your experiences to be hands-on? We’ve got you covered with make & take classes or a workshop for yoga and more!
- The sister-run Woolen Mill is a shopping experience for everyone that includes affordable upscale clothing that resonates with the stylish. A visit to Chateau Christine is for the fashionable shopper and includes jewelry and home accessories, too! And funky fashion will be what you find at Backroad Boutique with favorites including jewelry, handmade items plus fashion for your fur babies.
- Focus on beautifying your home with stops at There’s No Place Like Home or Kilted Kiln – where you can roll up your sleeves with chalk art paint classes to reimagine your furniture or paint bisque ware to take home with you! Add a stop at Blossoms and Blooms Boutique and take home a fresh flower arrangement!
- Sign up for a workshop at The Yoga Spot or create a seasonal sign at the Chalk Shop and relax in the moment while you enjoy a creative moment together. For a more spiritual experience, participate in an aura painting class for enlightenment at Indigo Boutique & Botanica and peruse their wide selection of crystals and herbs.
- And finally, let your sweet tooth be your guide at Casey’s Ice Cream with 60+ flavors to choose from or the cute (and delicious) Kristen’s Kookies!
Find Your Balance
If you’re interested in a little rest and a little play, Crawford County has a lot of great options for a relaxing getaway. We have plenty of resources you can check out to create the perfect relaxing self-care trip!